Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Velo Orange Website and Acc. Review...

For those of you who are unaware, Velo Orange probably has the BEST selection of vintage minded accessories for any road/touring/fixed gear bike. The main attraction for me is all the leather accents they sell. The most popular of which has GOT to be the big fat leather Top Tube Protector. I mean really, you CAN'T beat it. Super nice thick leather you lace to your TT with the included string. For the price ($12), quality and style, it beats the shit out of that $40 Kashimax one EASILY. I have a few of these on various frames and they look KILLER! All you have to do is lace it up nice and tight and off you go. They come in a Brooks matching black and honey. If you're looking for a more antique brown, a little help from some neatsfoot oil will do the trick. I can vouch for this because I've done it myself and it worked out nicely. All I recommend is that you apply it as EVENLY as possible. I also HIGHLY recommend the Semichrome Metal Polish for any and all dull parts. No tools are nessescary. Just an old rag and some elbow grease. Other awesome items include: Leather toe clip covers, Leather handlebar wrap, and the kick ass little brass bells...
All in all Velo Orange is an AWESOME website with kick ass gear and ass kicking prices. Make it a point to scope when you have some time. Like NOW...
Share/Bookmark

No comments: