Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Seen on Street: Lovely Rivendell Touring bike!

Damn this thing was hhhhhella nice! Lotsa great deetz:


Shot with my fancy pants new iPhone4. Def not bad considering. First time I used it so I'll have to mess around with it some more. I've seen video shot with it as well and it's very not bad!

Anyways, I spied this creamsicle dream while heading back to my office earlier today. I had to go get a new photo ID for the building the company that bought my company is relocating us to. In Times Square... Yeah, not too super stoked on that. Fucking NIGHTMARE location at best! Granted the occasional walk from Port Authority will be MUCH shorter than it is now but having to lock up outside in that busy ass nighborhood leaves much to be desired. Curious if I'm going to be able to bring my bike up to my desk or not too..

I'm also going to have to go scope out some new threads at Outlier as well since WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR SHORTS OR JEANS THERE.. Yeah.. fuckiiiinnnngggg BULL SHIT! Esp considering the industry I work in has always been known as wicked casual. Today is actually the first day I've worn pants in literally like two something months. What a bummer..

The other lame ass part about this is that in all likelihood, the internet access there is sure to be very limited. Which I'm also not looking forward to. Hopefully I'll still be able to sneak in a post or two during the day. Tho it wouldn't surprise me if my more in depth posts later were relegated to the after work hours. So we'll see. I'm formulating an orgy sized post now so hopefully I can get that done before the move. More soon!


Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What the hell do you do for a living sir?

Alan Sikirić said...

Magazine Production. Cue the cliché long winded farting sound here..

Anonymous said...

you STILL have a job?

Alan Sikirić said...

Yeah, seriously! First world problems over BS for surely. I mean, I was hoping for severance, unemployment and the summer off over here! I don't even get to go on freaking vacation at all now cause of this fucking move >:-[

stands-on-stilts said...

If you were going to lock your bike around there, I would recommend locking it around the viacom building between 44th and 45th street on Broadway, there's ALWAYS cops and building security there. I work in the building and lock it within but on weekends working (but bike lockers is closed), I've locked it on 45th street by across from the marriot where the t-shirt hawkers and the african art sellers for 8 hours straight.

Alan Sikirić said...

Oh nice one thanks a lot man! Yeah, I'm going to be in 3 times square (chase/quicksilver) so I'm hoping they have some sort of locker system or something..

Jonny Hamachi said...

After work posts sound more,,, intoxicating.

morgman said...

All in all, that sounds terrible. That said, I'm riding a summer of unemployment into the sunset and have worn the same shorts for the past two months. Gotta love dickies' durability!

zach-bloomington said...

Right now I'm imagining your life as Quicksilver meets Ugly Betty...


Good luck with the new building, and hopefully the posts keep flowing!

FGC said...

fuck wearing pants right now.

and post up plans for those benches you built!

Alan Sikirić said...

Ahh- YES! Bench plans soon- promise!!