Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The funny thing about being unemployed..

..is that you find yourself doing a lot of things you ordinarily wouldn't be doing. Like plumbing for instance:


For some reason three out of four kitchen faucets in my building needed attention this past week or so. Fucking bizarre. Tho at least I'm getting my money's worth out of that Hozan Lockring tool! Seriously, I've used that fucker more on non cycling occasions that what it was originally intended for. Such a great tool to have at your disposal!

The weather has also been getting pretty fucking shitty here in the Jerz/NYC area. I've got TONS to photograph for all y'allz but it's either rainy, too windy, I'm busy with faucets or the light is just plain shit. Whatever I have managed to photograph, I can't retouch and post until I get myself a bright new retouching screen. And with xmas around the corner, I'm not so sure when that's going to happen. I'll totally get some stuff up soon tho. I'm just gonna go to my buddy's place and use his..

In the meantime, sorry for the lack of posts. I HAVE SO MANY MOTHER FUCKING IDEAS AND THINGS TO POST IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. This strange new phase of my life being unemployed for the first time since I was 14 (yes, 14!!) has been interesting to say the least. Refreshing like you wouldn't believe, but it's def fucking weird! I've been unemployed for something like two months now and only recently has the concept of it NOT being a Saturday or Sunday set in. For the longest time, I was going by weekend rules and it was fucking with my program like you don't even know..

Being unemployed has also hampered my 'online life' dare I say. It's a lot harder for me to keep in touch with friends and various blogs etc when I'm not being forced to sit at a desk all day at a job that requires 3 hours of work per 8 hour day. I find it really easy to keep myself busy with various projects around the house and in my shop rather than just lay in bed with my laptop. Which is also nice now and again but I just feel guilty if I'm not being productive these days. Keeping some sort of schedule with yourself is super important if you're not working. It's not easy at first, but I think I'm getting there now..

So what should you derive from all this? Everything and nothing. It is what it is. For all intensive purposes, I think it'll be fucking great for a while. Take a break. Chill. Collect mah mutha fucken unemployment! Work on all the various personal projects I've never been able to focus on. Along with a few others I've come up with :-)

The two most recent being what I'm calling the 'RC Bro-ham rack' and the '40 1/2 cage'. Both coming very shortly so check back again soon suckaz!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

ant1 said...

"funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed...they don't mean quite so much. except that you get to hang out with you working friends."

Alan Sikirić said...

Primus really was the shit weren't they?!