Saturday, February 26, 2011

NAHBS 2011: Tired, Taken aback and Too many Tocos..

Yeah the title pretty much says it all. Fucking tired. Fucking torqued out by NAHBS and man, I've literally only eaten Tacos since I arrived. Aside from being wicked tired I have to say- I've been having nothing short of a total fucking blast while I've been here :-D

The weather's been really nice and Austin's a great town. Super stoked I got to come this year! Esp after last year's Richmond show. The show being great and Richmond sucking a big fat hairy nut. Fucking town had it's good point's but was a real bummer overall. Which is the exact polar opposite of Austin. The vibe here being SO much radder than most other cities I've visited. The people are really cool and super friendly. Not to mention the high concentration of cuties! This one being my personal fav!!

I know, some asshole huh?! 

Tomorrow morning I'm going to check out Frankenbike, a monthly held bike swap meet, eat some more tacos and head on back over to NAHBS to take a bunch more snaps. There's the Fast Folks race and a couple other cool events as well. The most amusing and what I'm looking forward too is this punk rock messenger band called 'Quick Release' who's going to play 11 songs in 10 min. Yeah, it should be pretty awesome!

All in all I'm super stoked on this trip thus far! Ross and Jen have been awesome hosts along with Andrew's inside track on the scene here and touring around has been really great!! Not to mention all the rad new and funny people I've been meeting, BSing and hanging out with. To which 90% of I've undoubtingly lost track of name wise. Except for Randall, Kyle, Max, Sonny, Dani, Patrick, Yoshi and Craig. Otherwise yeah, I've met like at least a hundred more or some shit!

In any case, there's lots more coming up as soon as I have some time to work on everything I've got so far. I'm shooting for good sized post on Sunday/Monday so stay tuned! Til then, here's a little teaser:


Talk about a fucking BOOM and a half dawg!!

More on that later too. Now if you don't mind, I have a date with an air mattress..


Share/Bookmark

No comments: