Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Calfee / Bernie Mikkelsen Sizer Cycle NOW IN MY SHOP!!!

Holy fucking balls am I ever stoked on having this WICKED fitting machine in the shop!









Larger photos on my flickr page..

It really is something else huh?! So fucking stoked on it!! Thing is so kick ass I don't know where to start..

I'd been looking for a fit machine of some sort for years now. They show up on ebay from time to time but are never cheap, never in good condition, very limited in their function and heavy as fuck making shipping costs a nightmare..

I'd long given up on the notion of getting one until I randomly walked into NYC Velo a little while back and saw it sitting there. I was blown away by it from the start and couldn't believe I'd never noticed it in their shop before, let alone knowing that it even existed. One of the guys came up and asked me if I needed a hand. I told him I was good but if there's any way I could buy the fitting machine I would be all types of stoked. He told me it actually was for sale and I was like WUT..

$1500 bones later and the beast was all mine! I didn't even haggle over the price seeing as how the price new is just north of $3k not including shipping..

I'm pretty good at fitting as is but having this will allow me to take it to the next level. While a lot about fitting has to do with physical measurements, I really like the idea of giving someone the opportunity of to actually FEEL what it'll be like riding their future custom bike..

The other RAD thing is being able to fit stock frames. Let's say you want to get yourself a Bianchi, Colnago or Trek whatever, but you're nervous about the sizing and geometry. Well, all you have to do is go to their site to find the specs on the frame, apply them to the sizer cycle, hop on and see what you think- AMAZING HUH??!!

Something tells me I'll have a lot more visitors stopping by in the near future..

Lots more info about the Calfee Sizer Cycle here..

Also, one last thing:

I mailed in my final payment check to Anvil this morning for my bitchin new jig and various other tools..

STOKED OFF MY ASS!!!

Shop party BBQ fitting sesh coming soon!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: