Monday, September 15, 2008

How is it that a front and rear derailleur are worth $1400???

I mean, I get that they're rare and stuff but still:


Then again, when people are STUPID enough to spend $870 on a Pista concept why not?

5 comments:

  1. does it move the chain for you? will it not get caked in grease with use like any other deraileur? If you get caught in gang related crossfire in a rough part of town while cycling, will it not only protect you in a force field but also end the shooting and make peace between the rival gangs?

    seriously, what does it do that's $1400 dollars worth of special?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the explanation in response to your question - especially since my own experience with the one (rear) I used to have confirmed the nearly universal opinion that they suck performance-wise, but at least I was able to sell mine for $480. Very good profit on a very disappointing product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to say... they were kinda a joke even when they were new and even more so now. Every matchy-matchy dork wanted one and why? Wow, a fully rebuildable, poor performing, over priced anodized turd. Does it come with free Spinergy's as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some reason i found the moots seatpost more interesting than this rare derailer, so yeah, seems not to be worth the bucks he wants for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well is it not obvious? The stamp on the box says "Rasta" and it has a peace sign on it. This is most assuredly "street" for being a worthless peice of junk that come packed in a brick of hashish

    ReplyDelete