Sunday, September 2, 2007

Now what...

This Post is from my old Myspace blog.


Please Start from the bottom up if you want it to make sense...


FINAL UPDATE 10/2/07!

I'm sure most of you know that I sold this stunner recently on ebay. It was just too small and I couldn't deal with looking at it and not actually riding it. So off it went. Then, today, I was scoping out a Hong Kong blog and there it is: http://hkfixed.blogspot.com/





Apparently, the dude in the pic is Hiroshi Fujiwara. According to my sources he's a veritable "god of street culture in Japan" Crazy how projects can turn out isn't it?

POST # 2

UPDATE!!! 9/13/06

I just got a pic of the newly repainted and track converted frame. As you can see it looks absolutely refuckingdonkulous!!!



As you'll read or have already read yourself, I was originally planning on doing most of the work myself. Yeah. right... I'm way too busy and have my hand in way too many pots to be able to do as much work as I was originally planning. Not to mention extra expenses for new equipment I'd have to buy. Figured I'd leave it up to the usual suspects to do my bidding...

Anyways, that's all for now. More to come very soon...



POST # 1

Now what in fuck's name am I going to do with this thing?!. As if I didn't already have enough going on I stumbled upon this Yamaguch[[[[iframe]]]] on Ebay for $350 and just couldn't resist. The seller also lived nearby so I didn't have to pay any shipping costs...



It's a Kilo Pursuit TT frame ridden in the 92' Barcelona Olympics. It appears to have not been used since then either. The bike is SO in need of some love by yours truly. All the parts on the bike are so tattered from sitting around who knows where for so many years. The old gruppo is mostly old Shimano Exage. The wheels I'm not sure of because they're NOT real discs. Just lame ass covers that I haven't looked under yet. The front isn't even a 650c. I think it's a 24" or something. Once I get a 650c on there the wheel will def be tighter to the frame. Anyways, here's what it looks like taken down with the original Yamaguchi bars from my other Yamaguchi bike. Yeah, my "other" one. I know, What an asshole... Anyways, I've been dying to put them on another bike since they're so fucking rad...



My plan right now is that I want to do as much of this work as possible MYSELF. The only thing I'm going to have done for it by a pro is have the drop outs swapped out for some nice beefy track ones. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, this thing can't stay as a road bike. Upon being rescued it begged me to be converted to a track frame. Whom am I to deny such a request?... Anyways... I plan on filing off all of the braze-ons and having any holes filled in, stripping the paint and re-painting it, re-decaling it with new decals (if I can get a hold of Kiochi cause that fucker never answers his goddamn phone) and maybe even building the wheels myself. Snap!. I'm tempted to put a disc on it but I know I would destroy it riding around the city. ( Same reason I didn't put discs on the other one rattlecan you critical bastardo, hehe. And BTW, yes it does have rainbows, you just can't see them. I had the boomerang bars on it but my knees would hit them since they were so close. Hence my second choice of mounting the raddest set of track drops on the market ) Ooookay, so yeah, I got a lotta work to do on this thing and all winter to do it. Any color combo suggestions? Let me know...


Share/Bookmark

No comments: