Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where I've been the past few dayz.. Oh and bike stuffs too!

Welp.. Had some shit to do around the place this weekend, like finishing up this pretty awesome BBQ grill I'm building for my Bro-in-Law. No pics of it yet tho. Planning on finishing it tonight.. But no worries cause I'm going to have a peel session of one afterwards. Anyways, yeah, he's having this his wicked cookout this weekend that I'm going to have to miss since I'll be at BIKE FETISH DAY..

Last year was super fun and ended up being a bit embarrassingly rad with the whole NYP 'Cool Nerd' story and bike snob fiasco.. I'm not linking you to any of that shit BTW so let's move on..

My good ol' buddy ol' chum ol' pal TOMMMEEEEE had his first pretty major shoot for the Urban Outfitters Men's line Catologe this past Mon/Tues. I figured it would be right neighborly of me to take off from my shitty job to hang/help/irritate him with it. Getting paid while taking paid vacation away from work is pretty choice as well :-D That and I've got the shittily awesome photographic locations in north industrial Jerzey on mutha fuckin' LOCKDOWWWWNNN!! Tom also likes to shoot behind the scenes photos when he assists for other photographers, cause you know.. it's like SO super original :-P ..so I thought it might be fun to annoy him in the same phashon..


As you can see the first one is the same location I used when photographing the Mutandem last week. Crazy how fast the weeds managed to grow in that time!

More on my flickr set..

Shot a couple of quick vids for the hell of it showing the models doing their thing:





It got all dark and moody at night so we took photos out on this awesome construction site type street. I made an extra specially moody/shitty gif so you could see how rad the radio towers look all blinking:


Along with a few more landscapes..

Aside from almost constant rain along with Tom's equally constant whining over a lack of sunlight, the shoot went well and was super fun!

aaaaaz for bike stuff, I need someone to pick this up for me:


and this is just about THE most retarded description EVER, never mind the frakin' price:



oooooh and check out the gnarly lugz on this vintage french aluminum jammy:



Just look at that BB! It kinda reminds me of medieval armor and or Narsil's hilt..

Seeing this on the way to my office made me both happy and super jealous:


Lastly, because this BULL SHIT 'bike' shop totally super deserves SO MUCH more attention than you know, the other million other REAL FUCKING BIKE SHOPS out there working their balls off and sucking wind thanks to the fucking interenet and ebay, let's give them even more publicity:



You know.. I'm all for being positive about bicycling and art and whatever the fuck else etc. but I mean.. yeah, it may be all super great and happy-not-sad type shit but you CAN'T BE POSITIVE ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!! Why..? Because 1) 90% of the time shit just plain sucks a big hairy nutt sack but people are too nice/wanting to be accepted to say otherwise, proliferating mediocrity and 2) You honestly can't expect to grow as a person and learn anything if you don't know the difference between that shitty 90% and FUCKING AWESOME 10%. ESP if you're always being told great things when in fact it's totally fucking not! It's aaaalll about the creative criticism and educated opinions people! You'll learn a FUCKLOAD more asking people what they don't like about something instead of accepting the typical pat on the back or the yo suhyn datz gon-B da hot new jam dis summah!. But only from people who you know you can trust (like me) for a proper SMART opinion. As opposed to the usual FAKE or YOU SUCK comments from the COUNTLESS ANONYMOUS TARDS out there who have ZERO fuckin' balls..

Oh man, my boss just made the mistake of interrupting me with some super annoying shit (By super annoying shit I mean anything non blog/internet/IM/forum related) when I was writing the previous paragraph and I totally went off! Basically, my retarded company orders paper and ink from this other retarded company for our printers and our four other off site clients. Rather than the first retarded company JUST SHIPPING THE SHIT DIRECTLY to our clients, they send it all to us. I THEN HAVE TO REBOX AND RE-SHIP EVERYTHING to them. Do you have any idea how much 50+lbs costs to ship via Fedex TWICE? Well I do but aparently my small opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things in this otherwise sinking company.. As you can see my faith is completely unwavering when it comes to the people in charge of this shit hole..

ugghh.. that's all for now.. Luckiliy for you lunch managed to cool me down a bit.. More coming as soon as my brain recovers from watching BSG in it's entirety completely stoned UHgain..

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God your annoying! No really - Nice pics of the pic taker

ASME - UWM said...

Is that a grease zirc on the bottom bracket?! That shit is bananas. Speaking of which, my bottom bracket started creaking this morning, and I wish it had a grease zirc.

Alan Sikirić said...

Andrew- Yeah man, I wish I had one of those jammies on my Dark Concept. Shit is all types of creaky right now! I mean, I LOVE swapping out BB's to re-grease and clean out the threads and all, buuuut I'd love it even more if I didn't have to bother..

ASME - UWM said...

My creaky bottom bracket is also on a concept, though mine still rubs that stock white/celeste paint. How does the matte hold up with dirt and what not? I'm seriously considering a matte white paint job.

Alan Sikirić said...

Yeah, I think mine is just fucked from all the mileage and having a set of steel Phil Rings in there for a little while- oops! So yeah, I'm thinking it might need to be refaced/threaded just to clean it out nice. Then if it still creaks after that I'm going to toss a new BB in there with some fuckin' JB weld and hope I can get another couple years out of the old girl. As for the paint, it def gets wicked dirty and grungy but I'm cool with that since it's a locker..