Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bilenky Cycleworks Shop Portfolio!

wwwwwwaaayyy back in February I paid a visit to Bilenky Cycleworks on a weekend and was able to fully engross myself in the shop while the dust was settled. Everyone who knows the Bilenky name is well aware of the class and style of bikes that they turn out. Whether it be by the fervor heard straight off the lips of their exhilarated customers who proudly tout their name or by the multiple 1st places they receive at nearly every bicycle and industry show they attend. Not many know that the shop which birthed each and every one of them has an equally awesome personality all it's own. My approach to documenting the shop was to do my best to concentrate on the shop itself. Here's a few of my favs:


You can see the whole portfolio here. Be sure to switch to switch to full screen maximum enjoyment:



You can see why I freaking LOVE going to that place!

The thing that got me super stoked about their display at the last NAHBS show is just how AWESOME of a job they did at replicating the shop there. Check it:

Shop:


NAHBS Display:


Pretty awesome huh?! The kicker was seeing Steve there messing around on his lap top answering emails like he wasn't even at the show..

Bilenky also holds a yearly cyclocross event in the Junkyard behind their shop even if it snows TWO FEET the day before:



Why that person put Wu-Tang as the soundtrack for that I do not know. It's like the last thing I would ever expect to hear in that shop..

New this year will be the Philadelphia Bike Expo that they're sponsoring which is being held on October 30th and 31st:


I can only imagine how Halloween is going to work itself into that weekend so be sure to check it out!

If you ever happen to find yourself in the Philly area and have occasion to stop by Bilenky Cycleworks you certainly won't regret it. Just bring some gourmet treats and or brews and you're gtg :-)


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

zach-bloomington said...

I think you now own about 50% of the world's DA10 stock!