Monday, September 13, 2010

Best Buy - Your new bike shop quick stop?

Yeah, not really. As if it wasn't enough of a shock to find that there's a freaking 24 HOUR Best Buy located in Union Square, what greets me at the top of the escalator? A freaking city bicycle commuter section:


Naturally a bunch of them are electric..

But they do have accessories!


..including a single speed chain!


Ghey..

The worst part is as I was waiting on line (I didn't buy anything even tho I would have SO fancied that fucking 75" LED screen to jerk off and play video games to from 3' away) I caught a glimpse of Drew Barrymore's new movie called Going the Distance Which should be more appropriately titled: 'Who gives a flying fuck cause she's not cute anymore and movies of this nature BLOW at best'. All I could think about is how is that broad still playing 20 something roles and getting away with it? I mean, if you want to call looking like a horse getting away with it anyways. Then before my generally irate nature had a chance to subside, check out what I spotted in the background of this scene with the typically annoying douchebag friend/roomate:


Wow, seriously? Nevermind the rest of the bike stuff but is that a tarck frame and deep dish carbon rim hanging behind it??! At first I thought it was a Level frame but upon closer inspection it appears it could be a Legnano. It's hard to tell even at HD quality tho. If anyone has a better idea let me know. Oh and don't worry if the reason why you can confirm said frame marque is because you somehow got suckered into seeing it with your annoying girlfriend. I won't judge you. pussy.. In any case, I will admit that they certainly did a decent job of replicating the whole unemployed going no where aging hipster DJ with all the dumb collectible figurines thing..


As if it wasn't enough that the whole Premium Rush thing is happening here in NYC, it appears that more of Hollywood is finally catching on to the whole 'fixie' craze. Not much longer til you can buy one from Wall Mart. Oh wait, nevermind, they're WAY ahead of me..

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Totally praying that fixie's die in the public's eye one day soon so I can go back to getting shit for reasonable prices again..

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you caught Jared Leto (sp?) at the VMAs riding down the "white carpet" on his sweeeeet fixiiiieeee with a whole clown troup of tarck bikers