Monday, June 20, 2011

Bike Fetish Day 2011!

Yeah, I know I took forever getting to these photos. I bought this KICK ASS new retouching screen that I've been needing SO BAD since I thankfully lost my job last November. Normally I'd be super stoked on a nice new piece of tech like this, only I was faced with an unexpected dilemma- it too closely reminded me of what in my mind seems like endless years of unrelenting toil spent in grey windowless offices. Yeah, fucking ICK dude! Basically I got it, plugged it in an used the handy dandy little calibrator that came with it. Then not long after bringing and image up to mess around with I felt a cold shiver run up my spine and I shut it off. I finally found my courage to use it again last night so here we go!

Simon's always got some bike you need earmuffs to look at ;-)



I wanted a proper dog SO. BAD. after working on this one:

lil homie came correct huh?!:


Horse's new polo bike:


This dude's bike was amazing!:

My lady enjoying a Guinness in a coffee cup:


Apparently if you're a cute 100lb Korean girl, not only does it mean you get free dry cleaning for life but you get bar service at all the bodegas as well. Despite her claims to 'twinkie' status I'm always amazed at how stereotypes work :-)


Speaking of stereotype's, here's my dumb honky ass accepting a default victory in the 'Best Handbuilt Bike' category (pic by Lucas with my cam). I was so bummed about no one else bringing anything to the table that when I was handed the mic I berated the crowd. I tried my best to convince them that freak bikes are the jam and that they should get on that shit already! Fucking pussies man- COME ON!!

Well, my new buddy Hill must have heard call of me sounding the freak bike horn cause not long after I spoke, him and his buddies showed up with three TOTALLY MMMMMMENTAL tall bikes that kicked so much ass it's not even funny- check em out!:

HOW

FUCKING

AWESOME

ARE THOSE?!

I was super stoked to see someone else building super rad and well built tall bikes in NYC. Mostly because it made me feel a little less crazy.. Well, not really. Anyways yeah, super stoked to meet him and his buddies. I took a couple of em out for a spin and they took turns on my mini tall roadie. His were closer to the standard double frame tall bike height which sketched me out at first since it had been a while but they were super fun. The green MTB one was my personal fav with it's fatty tires. Reminded me that I REALLY need to get off my ass and take pics of the new jam I made before my sudden trip to Colorado..

I was telling him we all need to get together and get a proper ride going soon. Unfortunately it'll have to wait a little while since he was heading out of town for three months for a trip. I'll def have to get some more snaps with him and his sweet freaks when he gets back. Til that there's lots more on his flickr page.. Oh and there's a few more snaps from the day on my flickr page as well..

In other news the Jackson and a few other tid bits are going up on the bay tomorrow. Just gotta make some snaps today and I'll post the items and auction links tomorrow..

I've also been thinking a lot about a major redesign of the blog lately. I've just been having such a good time with this whole sense of clarity and purging kick going on since my return from Rifle. I feel like a revamp is LONG overdue. But don't worry, despite the update it'll be the same blog about the same randomly awesome bike shit. Hopefully with a lot more posts about other cool shit too!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: