Monday, May 21, 2012

Brooklyn Bike Jumble Spring 2012!

Man was the Jumble ever loaded with great shit! So much so that I barely even shot any photos. Didn't help that the super contrastiness of the bright sun and cool shade made it not the funnest anyways. In any case, here's what I did get:

Cooper's schweet Merckx:

Holdsworth:

USA GT and something in all chrome:

Neat, obscure and inexpensive:

Lovely Bianchi: 

A table full o goodies:

Sorry Chris, there were no open face salsa stems to be had as far as I saw..

I was super stoked cause Rosko said he was going to show up with some frame building materials and tools. Naturally I bought a bunch of stuff from him:

Best thing is how I got that box home!

Another reason why I'm stoked I put some drop bars on the Yamaguchi school bike. The only thing holding that box down was the EC90s- so good! xD

Larger photos on my flickr page..

It was great hanging out and BSing with the various folks there. I would've stayed longer but my buddy Mark and I ended up making a run out to the Far Rockaways concrete skatepark:

Neither of us had been there so it was pretty cool checking it out. Would've been a lot more fun if I wasn't so out of practice, old and bitchy..

Def need to go back again during the week when there's a lot less gromz on their fucking razors and their big box retailer super shitty BMX MTB boat anchor things. How the fuck are you going to spend all the time, money and effort into building a huge polished concrete skatepark and let anyone under 4' walk in there riding something that'll only destroy everything it touches? I love how parents look at places like that as if it's a grass field with a slide and some swing sets. Keep those lil bastards out for fucks sake! If they have to let em in, there should be a designated time or day. Not just letting em into the mix with 150+ pound dudes flying the fuck around..

Like I said.. bitchy..



Share/Bookmark

No comments: