Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Zipp T2 Track Hubs Review...

I first discovered these hubs on Zipp's website and was HOTT for them from the start. You know anything Zipp puts out is going to be quality and FAST as fuck. The best part about them is they don't look like all the other super techy shit they put out (not that there's anything wrong with that). Just straight up chrome with a touch of classic style drilling. I got a set of these a few months ago and was SUPER stoked on them. They're nice, solid and WWWICKED smooth. They're so smooth that when you spin them it's like a skateboard wheel, and they weren't even broken in! Most other hubs I've owned are nowhere near that smooth. I had them built up and I have to say: SICK! It's like rolling on glass. I had them laced to clinchers so I can only imagine how much faster and smoother they'd be with Tubulars. As far as the difference between say Phil Wood hubs, with my current set up, minimal. I think you'd notice a bigger difference with Tubulars. The one major set back to these hubs is the price. Retail is a gut wrenching $460. BUT, if you can get past that hurdle you'll def have NO regrets AT ALL. The other thing is that they used to offer these hubs in a 32 hole as well. But according to the Zipp rep, the guys there said they were a pain in the ass to make in that drilling and my set would be the LAST they would make. According to the site they're offered in a 28 hole only. Hopefully that was an exageration and they'll still be available for custom orders. Lord knows I'd fancy another set!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: