Friday, October 12, 2007

Philippe Track Bars and Adjustable Stem!!!

I just got this set that I bought on ebay in the mail today. I have to say, I was astonished! Not only at their impeccable condition for their age (60's) but also how fuckin' beefy the stem is. Out of the 5 vintage adjustable stems I own (5?, what an asshole!!) this one is definitely the nicest. I was really shocked at how burly the front bar/stem clamp is. It's even fatter than a Cinelli Demi-Fond stem's front clamp. It's got some nice little lug detail on it too. The other thing I like is that the drops aren't too deep. Aesthetically, deep drops are nice to look at but suck to actually ride on. I really like to ride the drops so for me, shallower drops are preferred. Damn, looking at these kinda makes me wish I didn't bother with buying the last set I saw now. Anyone interested?. Anyways, I may have paid through the fucking nose ($331.00) for this set but it was well worth it. I mean, I've seen stuff in worse condition got for more and even seen just the stem or bars alone sell for way more. So while it sucks being broke for the moment I'm totally happy with these. You can expect to see some pics of these bad boys mounted very soon...
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Auntie Maim said...

Fuck that you juice bar buyin bitch. I'll be relievin ya of yer last set..with stem yo..at a wee price you fucking Philippe philandering phuckface. (What a fucking find)

Alan Sikirić said...

OMG dude, that is the fucking funniest comment EVER. But yeah, if you're interested in the previous set I purchased def let me know. It's all yours! I'll hook you up with some nice polishing compound too if you need it. alansikiric@gmail.com