Thursday, June 5, 2008

Brooklyn Machine Works Gangsta Track Forks Review...

Well, to be perfectly honest this isn't going to be much of a review. Lord knows I'll never own a set of these myself or even attempt to try and do a bar spin. But that's not the point. The point is if something is heavy, made of steel and has welds on it.. I'm going to take interest. Long story but one of Brooklyn Machine Works custom Gangsta Track forks came into my possession today while at work. I of course had to fondle and photograph it before passing it on to it's rightful owner (glad to do bidness w/ya AA)...





I only wish I'd received this fine piece of American craftsman ship earlier in the day. It would've made short work of some coworkers of mine, hehe. The fork itself is pretty sweet and looks like it could take any and all abuse one could possible dish out. We're talking full on beefy steel forks with a decent amount of weight to em. I'd say somewhere in the 3-4lb range. From what I hear the added weight makes the actual act of balancing and spinning the bars easier. The other key factor is the extra clearance needed to actually spin a 700c wheel all the way around without bumping the DT. Apparently there's even enough clearance to mount a 28c tire on there. Just check out Prolly's whip...

As for price and availability, I have no clue. I'll be sure to update this post when and if I find out any more info...

UPDATE: The owner of the forks pictured told me they set him back $200 bones straight up and that they were ready to go right away. No wait time. Not sure how often these are stocked but the way things are going with fixsters these days BMW is going to have their hands full...

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Prolly said...

You just have to make sure your wheel base isn't too tight. Tony's bike is almost the same setup as mine, but his feet have to be at 11am on the cranks and mine can be at 2pm...

They're great forks!

Alan Sikirić said...

Yeah man, I kinda had a feeling your choice of a Surly frame was calculated one...