Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bootleg Peel Sessions Event 08'

As with the last Peel Sessions event I went to, I went to lose. Prolly must have sensed this as I was waiting at the sprints starting line. He did me, and everyone else who just wants to see photos, the good deed of pitting me against the rider that went on to win the sprints event. Needless to say I lost miserably. Had it not been for my early loss, I may have not been able to take so many lousy photos- awesome! Anyways, here they are. I'll start with the one and only good photo I took but it's pretty much downhill from there...

This one's pretty rad:


This one would've been rad too had I not somehow caught a MEGA BLAST from Chris M's flash:

UPDATE: So I've been reading here and there about how there were so many people taking photos at Peel. Some even joked that there were more photographers than actual riders, hehe. So I've changed my mind about this blown out photo I took. Before the over exposure was bothered me but now that I think about it, the photo is more indicative of the moment. Which in the end makes it even more RAD.... Do you hear that people? Yet another prime example of how bullshitting is art form in and of itself. Thank youuuu SVA!!


When Chris wasn't blasting me he was kicking ass during sprints. Here's one of him around the pylon. Which BTW was a beast to get around. To close to the inside and you'd eat shit on the dirt or that fuckin' grate, too far on the outside and you'd slam into the bumper of a box truck:


And lastly, a photo that is a pretty good representation of the love and hate I have for somehow being a part of all this nonsense:


Foot down was also super fun. Although I don't have any photos of that cause I was too busy playing. See if you can spot the jackass in this photo courtesy of Blake...

Anyways, Prolly did yet another awesome job hosting the Peel Sessions event. So big ups to him. Not to mention that Campy post-Turbo saddle trade. Sweet! Nothing like a little extra cush for that tush. What a fuckin' sissy right? At least they look rad too. Sorry about the lack luster photos BTW. Something tells me that I may have done a little better had I shelled out the cash money for a Canon 580ex flash instead of using my old Nikon SB-26's.. but probably not... Anyways, more pics in my Flickr set...

Share/Bookmark

No comments: