Wednesday, January 6, 2010

If you're looking for a very affordable Roadie frame..

..for all around use and abuse or have just been thinking about trying out something different OR working on a first build, I highly recommend getting this Nashbar Roadie frame:


I know, I know.. Freaking Nashbar.. BUT.. I've personally ridden one of these frames for a good year and a half before getting into fixed and passing it on to a friend who rode the living shit out of it. Also built one up for another friend and she dug it too! We always laughed about how awesome the ride was despite being a shit kicker frame from Nashbar..

The other great thing is that you can lock it up, crash the hell out of it and not only will it take the abuse, but you won't care about it either- I mean, it's a Nashbar frame after all!

For $89 bucks + approx $30 for shipping it's hard to beat! All you need is a whatever fork or the Nashbar one I ended up getting which was also super nice. The key thing is when they have both those items marked down and they drop one of their 10-20% off sales. Shit ends up being SO CHEAP..

If I didn't already have like 10 frames lying around I could build up I'd totally get another one just for the hell of it. My knee has been fucking with me after a couple of spills on the board and when I fell right before kicking the shit out of that chinese food that one time. I def need to build something non-fixed soon to take it easy for the next month or so..

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love my Nashbar road frame ! being married with two kids dosn't alow a big budget.But love getting away from it all on this bike.

Aaron Edge said...

Thanx for this post, this might be the "gateway drug" frame/fork my wife needs to get into riding more! Nice.