Monday, November 22, 2010

AWESOME new Milwaukee Bruiser Mini Tall freak bike: HOPE YOU CAN HANDLE IT!!!

aaawwww yyeeeaahh, you read that headline right! MKE Bruiser Mini Tall tricked out with BMX steez- WUT- WUUUUUUT?!!






Larger snaps on my flickr..

Pretty bitchin huh?! Okay, well maybe not so much the photos. Def doesn't help that being unemployed means that I'm back to retouching on my crappy laptop screen instead of the $2000 monitor at my former office. Oh and yeah, if you can't tell, pin striping isn't exactly my specialty at the moment..

Aside from that THE FUCKING THING RULEZ SO HARD I CAN BARELY STAND IT!!!

It rides so. good. Tooootal fucking BLAST to roll around town on, bunny hop up curbs and lean real hard into turns on. Everyone who's given it a go has said the same: 'WTF this thing ROX man!!'

Here's the parts list:

Two heavily modified MKE Bruisers frames
All City New Sheriff Track Hubs laced to Velocity Chukker rims (WTF is with the decal glue?!)
Profile Race Crankset w/Profile racing Euro BB
Tree lite Sproket 48 spline 39T (will trade for same in 42 or 43T!)
Izumi Eco Chain
Animal Hamilton Plastic Pedals
Primo Aneyerlator stem
Volume Bars
Oury Grips
Vintage Turbo Saddle
Thomson set back post reversed
Demolition Vulcan rear U brake
Odyssey Monolever right hand brake
Cane Creek S-3 headset
Fyxation tires

This bike happened after a conversation I had with Prolly one night under the BQE at Peels. He was saying how he mentioned to the guys at Ben's Cycle that it would be funny if they sent me a couple of Bruiser frames to build a new tall bike from and I was like heeeeelllz yeah it would be fucken awesome!! So I gave em a ring and was like- YO SEND ME SOME FRAMEZ SUCKAZ!! And they were like- okay, chill. NOT new frames mind you! Just a couple of already beat on frames they had lying around from their riders. I set to work not long after I got em. Here's what they looked like once first paired:


As you can see from the build I decided to go with a single speed BMX style build up. Having not really ridden BMX since the late 80's, I figured this would be the best and most fun set up for me. That and I kinda had this image in my head of myself cruising down the street on it while smoking a bone. So yeah, SS and a brake seemed like the best choice..

The biggest departure would have to be the new color in my arsenal. As you can imagine after building three orange and black bikes I felt like it was time for a change. I figured a nice green would best suit my taste due to the overwhelming fact that I reside in a relatively radioactive dump of an area in Jersey (1/9 REPRESENT!). Having said that, not ALL of Jersey is a fucked up toxic heap believe it or not. They don't call it the 'Garden State' for nothing!

So I walked up the street to the custom car painting supply place and looked through their color swatches. What I found waiting for me was THE perfect color:


FUCK. YES.

Tho I have to say, something tells me they mixed up Industrial Waste Green with Happy Green. Eh, works for me in any case!

Once it was all said and done I was off to the Philly Bike Expo to hang out and show off my silly freak bikes. People were most def stoked on it! As was I every time I had to run out for something since I made it a point to take this bad boy out every chance I got. I have to say that the thing I like most about this bike, is the fact that I only want to ride the bikes that I've built myself. Like I suddenly don't really have as much interested in riding other labels or collection odd ball shit. Okay, well, that might be just a liiiittle bit of a stretch..

So stay tuned cause I'm sure there's more to come with this one! Like a Gyro and front brake perhaps? Oh and I'm sure Prolly will post some more photos on his blarg from last week when we hung out and he made jump off shit with it. So fun! So retarded!!

HUGE thanks to Prolly and Ben's Cycle on this one! It wouldn't have come together without you extremely handsome and diligent gents!! SO SUPER STOKED ON THIS BIKE!!!

You can also expect a HUGE DIY post in the future with LOTS of nice pics and tips on how to build your very own Mini Tall bike!

Oh and one more thing: The can that I used to spray paint the forks is empty. Just wait til you mother fuckers get a load of what I used the rest on!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

morgman said...

Gnarly sick bro!

ant1 said...

sweet bike dude.

((lyledriver)) said...

Please tell me you painted your scion rims that colour.

Alan Sikirić said...

Thanks guys!

Lyle - ZOMG dude Scion tC painted matte black with crazy green rimz?! KA-KOW!!