Thursday, August 7, 2008

One Jackson to rule them all!

I was recently contacted by the gent I originally sold the Bob Jackson Super Legend frame to. You know, the one I bought years ago which led to the discovery of the collection, or rather, GOLD MINE. For those of you who have no idea as to what I'm talking about- Read this...

You'll notice in this photo that the head tube wasn't cut yet. As the seller states in his auction, the second owner (me) had it cut before selling it...


It's crazy to see that frame back up on ebay again 3 something years after I sold it. Which totally suuuucked since I'd been wanting one SO BAD back then. The guy had another one BTW, only it was too big and he wasn't selling it anyways...

Ahh, memories...

SORRY LATE PLATE!!!

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Chocobot said...

It's ok! It will be mine! And it will fit my gorgeous body.

Matt said...

I just read your whole story about how you got those awesome frames and I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. Great story! I love your blog.

Alan Sikirić said...

chocobot: While I won't comment on your bod, if you win the bike you better be sure to send me some pics of it built up!

Matt: Thanks a lot man! Glad you enjoyed the story and my blog!!

Anonymous said...

I've got one of these Bobby J's with the Hetchins style stays, only it's pink.

Alan Sikirić said...

^ Seeing is believing sucka! Send me some snaps when you get a chance: thetriplec@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'll get on that post haste.

Alan Sikirić said...

DO IT!!! Just be sure you do the bike justice or I'll have your fuckin' head on a lance!

Anonymous said...

I can guarantee you that the pictures will be sub par. I purchased the bike while visiting home and left it in the care of my father, who fell off it and ruined the right record ergo shifter. I called him and asked him to snap some shots, don't expect much. Until I visit next I expect it will remain in the closet.